In thirty years of practice, I have successfully litigated to conclusion and negotiated numerous matters. However, the following are some of the notable matters which come to mind:
- Successful in convincing the New York State Supreme Court to void a pre-equitable distribution agreement under which the client had a lifetime alimony obligation, an outcome which saved the client literally hundreds of thousands of dollars.
- Successful in extending the reach of the Equitable Distribution Law to what had been labeled a post-commencement severance payment, a departure from former law.
- Negotiated the settlement of a highly contested real estate enforcement matter which resulted in a very favorable lump sum settlement.
- Successfully granted relocation in a child custody matter.
- Successfully defended child abuse claims in a family court matter.
- Won a substantial rent overcharge award.
- Negotiated publishing contracts.
- Involved in the negotiation of an extensive prenuptial agreement which was later favorably enhanced in a series of post-nuptial modification agreements.
- Successfully litigated a suit for damages for violation of a book contract.